Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Follow-Up

There were some surprises in our appointment today. I thought our Day 3 results were awesome and was curious why Day 5 was so poor. Apparently even though we had a lot of 8 or 9 celled embryos on Day 3, they were already breaking down. This is an indication that I have poor egg quality, they're more like a 40 year old's. The only way to combat this is to do IVF sooner rather than later, as the decline will be more pronounced over time.

He feels encouraged with how many eggs they extracted last time. The more eggs, the better to choose from. We also discussed possibly transferring more eggs if they decline quickly, like last cycle. My meds will be increased slightly and I'll also be on an estrogen supplement right after retrieval to keep my estrogen levels elevated.

Other than that, we just take it easy and pray it works. My next lab and ultrasound is on January 11 to make sure I'm ready to go.

Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Margi, its amazing how they can know so much. Dr. Robins is the best and I am so glad you have a plan to move forward. I am praying for you guys. Here's to a healthy baby in 2010! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete