Ali has started hitting more milestones first. She uses her hands to play with the toys on the jumperoo. We're wondering if she's going to be a South Paw like her Grandpa Hollifield! Last Saturday my Aunt Paula and cousin Paige were here and Ali thought Aunt Paula was hilarious. She was laughing for the first time! We were so mesmerized we forgot to video it. But on Wednesday Vivi also started laughing when Gummy Karen began tickling her. There's nothing like baby laughter, I LOVE IT!
Yesterday Vince began using his hands. He's always held onto his WubbaNub but now he's begun playing with the toys on the jumperoo as well. Dr. Gilbert said babies are often ambidextrous in the beginning so it will be interesting to see if they are eventually right handed or left.
All three still hate tummy time but now have excellent head control and hold their heads up well. Yesterday I brought out the girls' bumbos and took a pic of all 3. Vivi held her hands together so sweetly, it was really cute. They've also started noticing each other. Vivi and Ali stared each other down yesterday, eventually trading smiles. First best friends!
The kids all eat 8 oz bottles now and the next month and a half will be tricky. Dr. Gilbert doesn't want them to try rice cereal until they're 6 months old, due to their premature digestive systems. But Vince is waking up at 6 now, instead of 8, because he's hungry. He would happily down 8 oz every 3 hours but Vivi refuses to take another sip until 4 hours. Trial and error, here we come!
Tomorrow I'll stock up on fruit at Costco and try my hand at making baby food. Clint is dreading this next phase but I see it as one more step to them becoming self-sufficient. Messy but I'm sure will provide a lot of entertainment! Will probably also help with Vince's reflux.
Here are some pics for you. I'm still trying to capture them laughing, so I'll post one as soon as I can!
Is Ali going to be a south paw?
Someone pay attention to me!
I love cameras!
These things are so fascinating!
Who knew lights could be so hilarious?
The next Michael Phelps! You should see this kid kick in the water!
Trifecta!
Bumbo land, love it!


so sweet! Good luck with the baby food making. We'll need pictures of that, too!
ReplyDeleteAnd, my oh my, Mr. Vince has the most expressive eyes! I'll bet they will be melting hearts (other than his momma's) in no time.
Love, love, love the pictures and I'm so happy that everything is going so well! You have so adorable kiddos!
ReplyDeleteBaby food making is way easier than people make it sound... and it's a ton cheaper! Good luck!
We think of you often!
Oh my goodness, Margi...they are SO PRECIOUS! And they're getting so big!!! I love getting to see them grow and change through your photos and video...thanks so much for sharing this. Good luck with the baby food making! It's definitely a lot easier at first, but now that Tel's appetite is through the roof, it's hard to keep up! A great website (which I'm sure you've already tracked down, but just in case) is www.wholesomebabyfood.com. Love ya!!!
ReplyDelete