Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, February 17, 2011

It's Been a Year

During this week last year we found there were three sacs in my uterus, rather than one.  I'll never forget that day as long as I live.  But in all honesty, this isn't as hard as I thought it would be. I guess I'm grateful I don't know any different, because my answer might change. :)  But I'm just so thankful for healthy, generally happy children.

A couple Saturdays ago, we were able to take the kids on a walk across the Long Bridge.  The sun was out and it was above 40 degrees and for a moment in time, I felt like a normal mother. 





Later that evening Clint decided to do the first art project with the kiddos.  He went to Ben Franklin's and purchased construction paper, paints and glitter to make thank yous for the kids' caretakers.  Though it ended in disaster, he gets a big A for the effort.  The paint was toxic puffy paint that made the kids scream as I scrubbed it off their hands.  I almost leapt 10 feet when I looked over and saw Vivi's hand covered in red paint making a bee-line for her mouth.  But it was so cute to see Clint doing this project with them.


Tummy time is getting easier for Vince and Ali.  They look around and even smile while up on their forearms.  Vince is getting close to rolling over but it hasn't happened for a month.  Vivi doesn't want anything to do with being on her tummy, except sleeping of course.



Here are pictures of their first taste of cereal.  You can see in the subsequent photos, that they didn't like the taste of soggy cardboard.  But over the past week, I've learned the timing of delivery with the addition of prune juice makes all the difference in the world.  They finish an entire serving and still eat all 8 oz of their 4 bottles daily.  We're getting to be pros at this eating thing!






I couldn't resist this one.  Vivi is sleeping in her jump jump. Warms my heart!


Yes, our kids are generally in Vandal gear. We're shamelessly promoting our University and pleeing for free tuition for the trips.  We have 529 plans for each of them, but it probably won't cover the cost of a book by the time they get there.  





They prefer to be right next to each other and the latest fun is tugging on each others ears.  


Their morning dose of Baby Einstein. They sit so well in their Bumbos now, I love it!



And this video is of Ali blowing bubbles.  She's so funny these days, really giggly and expressive. 


We just booked the trips' first plane flight. We'll be flying to Boise in April for their baptism on Easter.  I was super excited to book it and now I'm wondering if we'll survive.  Guess we'll figure it out right?


2 comments:

  1. OMG - the picture of them on their tummies with Vince and Ali looking around and Vivi with her face in the floor... Awesome!

    I cannot wait to hear about the plane ride. I assume you are taking a third adult with you, right?

    Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! I'm so amazed by you and Clint... the art project picture is a classic! I'm still too much of a chicken to try art with Liam (bad mommy, I know!).

    If you need rides from the airport or around town, please let us know. I'm sure we'll be in town and we'd be happy to help!

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete