Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Lots of Stuff

Sorry I haven't posted in a month. Our computer decided to give out on us so now we're rebuilding it.

In the last month not much has changed but we've stayed busy.

Shortly after 9 months old the babies started holding their own bottles.  So nice to not worry about prop feeding!  Ali now shakes her head no when we say no to her.  So funny and cute right now but probably not in a year or so. :)  She can also wave and say hi!  Vince still scoots backwards but at least he's somewhat moving. The girls just watch him go, and are perfectly content to stay put and be carried when needed. It's hard to not worry about milestones, especially with premature triplets, but the kids are healthy and that's what's important. Plus, I'd rather not thinking about trying to keep up with three toddlers going in three different directions.

The babies do better with food and I've just started mashing up our meals for them. So far they love chicken enchiladas, even with green chiles, and hummus with toast is another favorite.  It's so nice to have produce in season. I need to go raid Uncle Don's garden!

We just got back from our second trip with the babies for a wedding.  Thankfully my Mom came to watch them while I worked and Clint did his wedding duties as a groomsman.  We were able to briefly see a few of our friends but missed out on the majority. We'll brave it again, though probably not for several months. I don't recommend a 9 hour car drive with triplets.

The trips went swimming for the first time and loved it during our trip. It was a very kid-friendly pool. We hope to go again on Saturday at Melanie Staples house in Bonners Ferry.

I'm trying to start planning their first birthday party which is just amazing.  A year ago I was lying in bed praying that I could get the babies far enough along to survive.  Now they're thriving and becoming more hilarious each day.  I've caught Clint rocking a sleeping Vivi, cherishing this time when they're small.  It truly goes so fast!

I just learned of another local gal pregnant with triplets and I'm hoping to be a good resource for her.  Thinking back on last year it was probably the scariest time of our lives.  But it was all sooooo worth it!  Look at these little lovebugs!

Papa Mike visiting us before bedtime.

Goooooo Vandals!

Great-Grandma Lois Gunter's 83rd birthday party. How cool is this dude?

Ali with Aunt Monica, Madison and Mirabelle

Vivi was the only baby that wouldn't cry when Uncle Pat held her!

Ali trying to open Dad's beer for him.

Never too early to teach Vince to be the designated boat driver.

Ali enjoying the boat with Gummy

Happy 4th of July! (Ali had enough hair for a bow!)

The two most handsome men I've ever been around!

Vince flirting with my friend Katie!

First bath together, they loved it!




Ali wouldn't keep her hat on in the pool, so her head is slathered with sunscreen.


Vince in his floatie with Cousin Scott and his daughter Kylie.  He was walking on the bottom and loving it!

I'll try to do better about posting. Happy summer everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment