
Two weeks without ultrasounds was just about all I could handle. It was so fun seeing them on screen again, and that they already look like little people. One baby was doing somersaults as she tried to scan - I think it was Wilbur (Baby B). Their heartbeats range from 157-167 which she said was well within the range they want of 120-170. She saw nose structure and their skulls measured well, which means they don't have the indicators for chromosome or trisomy defects.
Clint thought they looked like little aliens but they looked like little babies to me. You could see arms and legs and even smiles. :) Two sacs were posterior and one was anterior, which she said was good. There was plenty of fluid around them, but none where it wasn't supposed to be. She renamed the babies, actually just A and C are now flipped. A is now down by my cervix and C is over to my right. Baby B is up by my belly button, which makes me feel better on why I'm getting fat up there too.
I will get ultrasounds every two weeks and growth scans every 3-4 weeks. The tech will watch my cervix for any dilation. Since there are three, they will weigh down heavier and it would require bed rest to keep the cervix from dilating further. The growth scans are important because with multiples, the uterus can only stretch so much. Once they stop growing, it's safer for them in the NICU than in my uterus, so we don't have any stillbirths.
We once again got a glowing report so I'm very happy. My Dr.'s appointment is this afternoon after work so we'll discuss my care plan and transition to Sacred Heart.
I've felt nauseous off and on, but when it's here it's like death. I'm sick all day long and often accompanied with a headache. But the nausea is a good thing, means healthy babies!
My apologies to my dear Aunties who were looking every day for a post and didn't find one. I'll do better, I promise. :)


It is seriously all I can do NOT to check your blog everyday! And they DO look like babies - and I am not one to dole out compliments to weird looking kids :)
ReplyDeleteDoes it sound cheezy to say I am proud of you? 'Cause I totally am.
Your story s SO amazing. I can't wait t see you this weekend and to meet these little marvels one day!
ReplyDelete