Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, April 12, 2010

Updates

Sorry I haven't updated the blog, it's been a busy few days. On Friday Karen picked me up at 8 am and we headed to Spokane's fairgrounds for the baby consignment sale. A lot of the big, nicer stuff was already gone but we managed to pick up a swing, entertainment station, pack n play and several packs of onesies. Personal favorites were, "If you're looking for my Dad, check the couch." (Karen got that one.) and "Party in my crib at 2 a.m." They were in great condition and much cheaper than new.

Then we headed to the airport and picked up Sylvia and off to Quizno's for a quick lunch. Before we knew it, had to head to Sacred Heart for my appointment. It was comical, I think we hit every floor until someone correctly directed us to the floor we'd started on. And dear Nancy Roberts took me by hand to the correct suite. We'll be set next time. :)

Sacred Heart's perinatologist left a few weeks ago, so right now they have doctors rotating through every few days. I'm confident they'll have a new Dr. hired soon though. We got to watch the babies on screen for over an hour, and I swear I could've watched them all day. They were doing flips and somersaults and even looked like one was sucking on his thumb.

The sonographer took a guess at the sexes and said two girls and a boy. I was so glad to get a mix but Clint was a little disappointed. I think all guys want boys, so he's holding out for our 18 week appointment when it's confirmed.

I'll go back in on April 30th to get my baseline cervical length with follow-ups every two weeks. So no more convenience of Sandpoint, but I do feel Sacred Heart's Center really knows what to look for. I have a three hour appointment on May 20th, where we'll know the sexes and get the babies growth scans to ensure they're doing well. Right now they're about 3 inches long, even though my uterus isn't much larger than a woman with a singleton, probably because it's my first pregnancy. I'm not showing much though my clothes are quite snug.

Yesterday we broke down and bought a mini-van. Clint had been searching for quite awhile so when the dealer came down several thousands of dollars, we decided to pull the trigger. I'm the new driver of a Chrysler Town & Country. It does have all the bells and whistles like automatic doors and navigation and DVD player. I'm still going to put on my shades and blast my rap music, stares aside. :)

Thanks for thinking of us and keeping us in your prayers. So far, so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment