Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Hanging in There

Sorry I haven't posted, I've been a busy girl. Last week I flew to Billings, MT, for work. Apparently travel isn't good on a pregnant body. My ankles grew into cankles that I could barely stuff into my dress shoes. I got home and headed out for some Memorial Weekend camping. It was super fun besides the downpouring of rain. I realized how emotional a prego can be. The sun was setting, we were all tucked around the campfire roasting mallows, and Miah started playing a song about babies. I bawled, it was so touching. I hope he can record it so I can play it for the trips.

I woke up Monday morning not feeling very well, and coupled with the rain, I convinced Clint to pack it in. By Monday night I had some cramping low in my belly that I started to worry about. I'm trying not to complain but I've started to get uncomfortable. My back hurts almost all of the time and the smallest exertion puts me out of breath.

Another side-effect of pregnancy is snoring, as I've recently learned. Clint and I took turns waking each other up while camping because the others' snoring was keeping us up. It was pretty comical. I'm trying to take it much easier now to ease the physical exertion.

Another prego with triplets delivered yesterday at 29 weeks and one day. The boys are all okay but at just over 3 lbs. each, are on all sorts of machines. It scared the daylights out of me! I'm 20 weeks now and so have about 9 weeks to get this house in order. I haven't even painted the nursery!

A bright spot was that my friend Amie delivered her triplets on Monday making it all the way to 36 weeks. Two were over 5 lbs and one over 6 lbs. She did amazing! Two are on CPAP to assist in breathing but it looks like they'll soon be going home with her. Amie is my idol!

But on the sad side of things, another close girlfriend's frozen embryo cycle didn't take. I was devastated with her. It makes me wonder why some things work out and some don't. I only hope God blesses her family next go-round. I also realize how truly lucky I am to be in this spot. At the beginning of 2010, I didn't think Clint and I would ever be parents. God has blessed us indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment