Sorry I haven't written lately, we took Vivi and Vince home on Sunday and I haven't had a moment since! They had their hepatitis shots, car seat tests, hearing tests and off we went. I made Clint turn down the radio so I could hear Vivi breathing but it was so nerve-wracking. When your baby has set off alarms because they aren't breathing, or their oxygen level has dropped, there is always a fear they will do it again. And now we have no monitors or registered nurses. So far the two have done pretty good, being outside of their NICU routine and surroundings. My Mom, Clint and I have traded off shifts so someone can get some sleep and we're hoping to get settled soon.
Alissa is doing pretty well now. She has no CPAP, ventilator or canula helping her breathe, which is great. When it hurts to breathe, especially where her incision was, she would just stop breathing. But she's mending well and now we're just working on nippling. She was our champion eater before surgery, so I know she'll be up to par soon and we can take her home. I'm really anxious to get her home so our family is complete.
We took Vince and Vivi to their first pediatrician appointment today. Dr. Gilbert rocks! Vivi did her usual cooing while getting weighed and measured but Vince made sure everyone heard his cries. They will get their RSV vaccines starting in November. RSV is very dangerous for babies, and especially preemies, which is why we will remain sequestered this fall/winter.
Here are some pics for you of Ali before her surgery and our two Vandals going home. The Kohals made us an awesome Welcome Home banner that I need to find the picture of. Thanks guys!
Another Therapy Session for Maude
4 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment