Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, October 1, 2010

Staying Comfortable

Our hope that Ali would be off the ventilator in 24 hours wasn't meant to be.  I called the night nurse last night and Ali was having some pain issues that recurred when I arrived this morning.  So they turned up her oxygen, and gave her some additional pain meds.  The most important thing is to keep her as comfortable as possible, so she can heal and the pain mitigate on its own.  Because of where her incision was, it hurts her to breathe, so a preemie baby will just stop breathing.  Ali is such a trooper, she's hanging in there.

My Mom arrives tomorrow night to help us out for a few weeks as we welcome our bundles home.  Clint and I are still hoping to take Vince and Genevieve home on Sunday.  Tonight the kiddos get their hepatitis vaccine.  Tomorrow morning I'll carry in their car seats, so they can do the car seat test.  They have to sit in them for as long as it takes us to drive home, hooked up to all the monitors, to make sure they'll tolerate being in that position.  Hopefully I'll get some good pictures for you.

I haven't been good at taking pictures as my schedule is already messed up.  The two babies on the 8th floor are on an on-demand feeding schedule and they seem to like waiting until 4 hours.  But between taking care of them, pumping and trying to sit with Alissa, I don't get any seconds in between.  When we get Vivi and Vince home, I'm sure thousands of pictures will be snapped a day.

Thank you for your prayers, lets get Ali better soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment