Our dear baby did very well during surgery. Clint and I checked on her before and it's hard seeing her on a ventilator and paralyzed, but we talked to her and I know she heard us. Dr. Leonard said it was a large ductus that definitely wasn't going to close on its own, so surgery was going the only way. In fact, he had to use two clips to close it off instead of just one. She has a two inch scar under her left armpit and time will tell whether it will disappear or be a badge of honor.
When I left this evening, she was waking and pretty uncomfortable. They put her on a fentanyl drip and gave her some extra morphine to help with the pain. The NICU nurses are awesome, Jill treated Alissa as her own. I know Nora will do the same tonight to help her be as comfortable as possible. Please keep praying that the narcotics will work and Alissa will heal with as little pain as possible.
Vince and Vivi are still doing pretty will on their feeds. Today Vivi only took 35 of her mandatory 40 ml on two of her feeds, but she got 55 before I left so I know she'll be fine. They're thinking they may come home as early as Sunday so Clint was cleaning the house tonight like a mad man. We'll keep you posted on their homecoming, but until we get the family under one roof, we ask that you refrain from visiting at this time.
Thank you for your love and prayers, we know Alissa has hundreds of angels watching over her. Love you much!
Another Therapy Session for Maude
4 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment