Sorry I haven't posted, it's been a busy week! Last Saturday I wasn't feeling well at all and barely slept so Sunday was a long day as well. I napped most of the day and was feeling better so I thought Monday I was back to normal, but at my Dr.'s appointment, my blood pressure had really increased. That combo with the swelling worried Dr. Owen and I was once again admitted to Bonner General. She felt that preeclampsia was coming on and we may have babies by the weekend. I watched Karen's eyes well up, I'm sure with excitement just as much as worry and we headed home to gather the last of my things. Being the planner that I am, I felt good that we'd soon have babies.
Back at the hospital I got to start the dozens of tests they do. Once I was hooked up to all the monitors I felt a really stabbing pain at the bottom of my bump. It didn't come and go like I thought a contraction would. I wanted to rip all the monitors off and curl into the fetal position as much as possible. Let's just say that God knew what he was doing giving me a pregnancy where a c-section is required. Dr. Owen gave me a procardia and mentioned that it was just a normal contraction and she's surprised I don't have a lot more of them. I'm pretty sure I would die during a natural delivery. Pretty positive actually!
Since then I've stabilized, my swelling remains but the blood pressure is down, the protein in my urine is an acceptable level and my blood counts indicate kidneys and liver are functioning normally. Dr. Owen called the perinatologists at Spokane and they even felt I could go home. Dr. Owen doesn't feel comfortable with it and we sure as heck don't. So we're choosing to remain at Bonner General until after Labor Day, and then I will get sent to Sacred Heart for the duration of the pregnancy. We just don't want to run into an emergency situation where I would be flown in the middle of labor.
We feel so loved with the outpouring of offers of help and visitors but for the most part I am tucked in bed snoozing or undergoing a test. My belly has had another growth spurt and I think the babies are sucking the life out of me. : ) It feels a little better to not have work to worry about so I'm taking it as easy as possible. I know if I really rest and relax, I might be able to hold off delivery another couple weeks. I'm 33 weeks today so another big milestone is a week away. Woohoo!!!
Another Therapy Session for Maude
4 months ago


MARGI! Babies!! Ahhhhhhh!!!! So. Effing. Excited for you!!!!!!!!! More exclaimation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete