Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, September 6, 2010

A Wild Ride - The Trips Arrive!

Last belly pic at 32 weeks and 5 days.


Sunday started like any other day in Bonner General.  Dr. Honsinger checked me and my cervix was long and closed.  So my in-laws and Clint came in for a visit. I was lying on my left side and all of a sudden I felt a little wetness.  As I stood up to show my nurse, the waterfall began.  A baby had ruptured its membrane!

The nurses did a quick test and sure enough, it was amniotic fluid.  They immediately called Dr. Honsinger and began numerous other tests.  Dr. Honsinger called the Sacred Heart perinatologist and an ambulance was dispatched.  Once we arrived at Sacred Heart, everyone seemed to calm down.  The facility is amazing and the staff even better.  Because Baby A had ruptured her membrane and was only blocking the rest with her bum, it was decided to go ahead and deliver.  Dr. Childress checked me and I was dilated to a 3 so the team was assembled.  There were 14 others in the delivery room besides Clint and myself!

It seemed to take forever, but shortly after 9 p.m., I was in for my spinal and delivery.  Baby A was born at 9:20 p.m. at 3 lbs 15 oz and 17.75 in long.  Baby B (a girl) was also born at 9:20 at 3 lbs 15 oz and 17.5 in long.  She gave us a real scare.  When she was taken to her bassinette, she was quite blue and had her arms spread.  The nurses had a difficult time getting her to breathe and I'm sure neither Clint or myself took a breath either.  Baby C was born at 9:21 p.m. at 5 lbs even and 18 in long.  They soon had all three breathing and off they went to the NICU, with Clint and parents in tow.

Pre-op photo of giant belly.


The last time all three were snuggled together, for the trip up to the NICU.

Connected to the CPAP with oxygen to help her breathe.

One proud papa!
Cutest feet you've ever seen!
I was blessed to hold Alissa, even if for just a minute.



This morning was the first time I got to see them since whisking them out of delivery and it just breaks my heart to see how tiny they are, hooked up to so many big machines.  But the ladies in the NICU are incredible and I know they're getting the best care they could.  All three babes have respiratory distress syndrome and are now under bili lights for jaundice.  It's anyone's guess how long it will take them to recover and get to come home with us, but I'm just so blessed for each minute as their Mom.  What extraordinarily cute, wonderful and amazing babies they are!

1 comment:

  1. this totally makes up for BSU beating V-Tech... so thanks for the recap! And well done, you!

    ReplyDelete