At shift change tonight I followed Ali back down to the NICU. Her last feeding will be at 4 a.m., two IV's put in at 6 a.m., and surgery around 12:45 p.m. She's such a fighter, I know she'll be quick to recover. It will just be difficult to see my 5 pound baby drugged up and on a ventilator. She has the sweetest demeanor, only crying when pain is inflicted on her. I call her my tweety bird because she has kissable cheeks and petite lips, so cute! Please say prayers for her tomorrow, that we all pull through!
Vince and Vivi are on the road home. They're nippling the majority of their feeds, and haven't set off an alarm since Sunday. They could possibly be sent home early next week, and we hope that continues to be the plan.
The possibility of having my family under one roof again keeps me going through the tough days. I'm thankful for the friends who give words of encouragement, hugs and bring lunches as well. You're the best!
Another Therapy Session for Maude
4 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment