Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Crazy Times Ahead

My how life has changed in just the couple weeks that Vince has started crawling.  He wants to only play with the toys his sisters are playing with and they cannot defend themselves.  He'll pull them down to get what he wants or even bites them. I don't think he's doing it maliciously, he just wants to play but they're not big fans.  But this morning Ali and Vince were laughing together and wreaking havoc on my office floor.  I'll take these moments when they come.

I've also ordered items to baby proof the house.  In less than a minute Vince was out of my office and banging on the back screen door.  Clint is known to leave doors open momentarily as he's coming in and out.  Thankfully it was closed, but what if it's open?  I can envision him tumbling down the steps to our concrete patio, very scary!  We're both learning quickly to be diligent about stuff left on the floor, doors or anything within Vince's reach.  Because if he's not supposed to play with it, he'll find it.

This was the first weekend I didn't really want to do anything, I was perfectly happy to be at home with the family.  We got a ton done around the house that we'd neglected for a long time.  I even read my book for an hour during afternoon nap Sunday, gasp! :)

Yesterday Ali was cracking up Gummy.  She loves her sippy cup now (juice only) and will take a sip, put it down and say, ahhhh.  It's so funny!  She babbles constantly and is the first to mimick us.  She can wave and say Hi.

 Dad loves roughhousing and finally Vince is able to crawl on top for a body crusher.

Up at Schweitzer for the Huckleberry festival. They were ready to go at this point.

I hope its the wind making my shirt look like this, I assure you we will not have more children.

Vince and Ali helping Dad read the Sunday paper.  

 Have I mentioned how awesome Desi is? Last Tuesday she asked if I minded her taking the kids to her Mom's for the day. Yahoo!  So they loved swimming with Desi and Mel if you can't tell by the pics.










On Saturday we did the Celebrate Life walk.  Celebrate Life is a local organization that gives stuff to cancer patients, like a gift certificate to a restaurant or gas vouchers so they can get to treatments.  I wore the Grandma Carol badge and Clint wore Papa Mike.  We skipped the kids' morning nap which scared me but they did great.  Here we are getting ready to roll.

Vivi is throwing her "let's go" signal




Vince was out before we got halfway.

And Ali just as we finished. :)

#1 Comment whenever we go in public: You have your hands full!  (Yes folks, we know.)

Saturday afternoon our friends Wendy and Adam stopped by with some new items for the babies.  Wendy did a great job on the Spokane to Sandpoint relay. :) Here Vince is playing his new piano.

We were waiting for Vivi to wake up on Sunday to visit the Kohals and Ali and Vince started hamming it up for the camera.  Their teeth coming in are hilarious!


Sunday evening it was warm so we did naked pool time and washed them there.  They love splashing around!





As we near the 12 month mark, I've started running out of gas in some areas.  I don't want to make more baby food.  EVER. So last night they had Hamburger Helper and a nutri grain bar.  Don't judge me, I have triplets.  (They got zucchini too.)  Vivi prefers to feed herself, primarily to determine if she likes what you're feeding her.  Ali just wants fed, doesn't care to pick things up.  And if you give it to Vince to feed himself, he just throws it on the floor.  Fun times!

We're slowly working towards sippy cups vs. bottles.  It's a slow progression but I'm sure I'll just toss the bottles one day and move on.

We've also started clearing out my office in order to move the babies in. I think it's the only way to corral the little terrors. :)

1 comment:

  1. Margi, your little babies are so BEAUTIFUL! They are turning into such little people, instead of just babies. I'm glad you are making decisions based on what's best for you, and not worrying about what other people think (hamburger helper and a nutrigrain bar will not cause your children to keel over!). That's the best thing you can do to keep yourself sane. Lots of hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete