Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, September 8, 2011

We are big kids now!

They're 1! Can you believe it? Me either.  I completely rememeber my feelings a year ago looking at the tiny babies in the NICU. Here's a flashback for you.



Now they look like this! LOL.  All three babies love to rub their food in their hair and generally all over.  

We moved my office into the spare guest room and now use this as their playroom, aka baby jail.  Finally got the gate up this morning because I figured it was a day or two until Vince figured out how to scale the ottoman and bust out.


We took the babies to the fair where they had a taste of philly cheesesteak and elephant ears.  Both were big hits.  We then rolled through the animal barns.  I wish I had a photo of Ali's face when the steer got down to her level. Priceless!  

We might as well have entered ourselves as an exhibit.  Not only did the fair board take a picture of the babies but random people were too.  And I can't say this enough, EVERYONE tells us we have our hands full.  And yes, we do and we know it.


Vince is getting faster by the day and it's hard to keep up with him.  He managed to hit the screen door and try to escape.  He doesn't like being in baby jail and wants to get into everything he's not supposed to.

Our good friend Darcy took family photos, which was our gift to Mike and Karen last Christmas. Everyone did really well until the last few minutes which was good. Ross, Kari and girls took off but we stayed to have lunch with Mike and Karen.  Babies got to try their first lemons and LOVED them!



Our world has become so much richer and so much harder each day.  People like to tease us about the years to come but I honestly can only think of getting through the day.  We're in a stage where all three want to be held, which makes us feel extremely guilty that we can't.  But they're also so funny too.

Ali can clap, say hi and goodbye (while waving) and put her toys together. I definitely think she's going to be the chatty one.  However, she refuses to budge and still won't crawl. We have two therapists coming next week to work with her.

Vivi is starting to scoot like Vince did so I'm sure she'll be crawling soon.  She's quieter than the other two but once in awhile she likes to have a yelling match, usually during meals. She also wakes up a couple times each night and needs comforted. Hopefully it's that she's teething since she still doesn't have any teeth.  Her laugh is contagious, I love it!

And Vince. What to say about Mr. Vince.  He's all over the place and loves it.  This means he can go steal toys and binkies and watch his sisters cry from afar.  He exhausts me on a daily basis and warms my heart when he crawls over to be held and hangs out in my lap.  Love that dude!

Their big birthday party is on Saturday so I'll be sure to post more photos soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment