Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, July 26, 2010

Locked Down

Today I had to get my ultrasound done at the hospital since the normal sonographer is out this week.  It was the tech's second week of work so it took three times as long, and I was not very patient.  But we finally got to the cervical length, and it had again shortened.

So off to Dr. Owen I went.  She left a message for the neonatalogist at Sacred Heart and I again got to wait a long time.  Since the shortening usually occurs when I have a contraction, they're going to adjust my Procardia to hopefully stop them.  As a precaution, I was admitted to Bonner General for steroid shots for the babies' lungs as well as monitoring of the contractions.  I think they'll check my cervical length a couple times a day as well.

So until further update, I'm living at Bonner General.  My ears are trying to stay tuned to Last Comic Standing to avoid the screaming down the hall.  Let's pray I won't have to feel/do that when the time comes.  Yikes!

I'm 28 weeks on Wednesday which means the babies would probably be okay being born this early.  But I want to keep them in as long as possible, hopefully until 36 weeks.  Love you lots!!

No comments:

Post a Comment