Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Update from Doc

Dr. Owen stopped by on her rounds tonight and felt I was doing pretty good.  Taking the Procardia every 4 hours and strict bed rest has slowed the contractions down a lot.  They'll do my cervical length check in the morning and she felt super confident that I could go home.  The contractions will still happen, my uterus is measuring 42 weeks along, no way around it.  But slowing them down will keep the babies in there.

I'll go back for another cervical length check on Monday, Sacred Heart for babies' measurements on Tuesday and a 3 hour glucosa test on Wednesday or Thursday.  Sounds like a lot but not when the rest of my time is spent lying in bed.  It's either keeping the brain engaged with work or let it slide out while watching Judge Judy. :)

I've had my second steroid shot so only one more baby monitoring session until I can attempt to sleep all night.  Let's hope it goes better tonight than last night.  Good night y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment