Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, October 16, 2009

It's A Go

"Looks great." That was Dr. Robins comment, although not very enthusiastic. He's a pretty funny guy, not the greatest bedside manner, but I do think he tries. But there are 7 follicles in my right ovary and 3 follicles in my left. The more the better! No, I won't have 10 babies but the more follicles increases our chances of having two good blasts to transfer back.

About 70% of eggs retrieved will be mature, 70% of mature eggs will fertilize, and 40% of embryos will develop into blastocysts. It will be hard hearing the numbers go down once we retrieve but we'll think happy thoughts. It's important right now to get those numbers up as much as possible, so we have a good place to start. One more week and then the injections begin!

3 comments:

  1. hi! I was just thinking about you and wondering how it was going. I was thinking you were already doing the injections for some reason. Good luck and I'm glad things are going so well so far!!!
    Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My happy thoughts and prayers are with you! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you. Keep us posted and call me if you need to talk!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete