Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Big Day Has Finally Arrived

Last night we had our alarm clocks set for 12:15 a.m. but Clint was pretty much awake anyway. He gets nervous for these kinds of things, but he did AWESOME. The shot didn't even hurt and our nurse said it worked perfectly. Going through this together makes me love him more and more. Clint is very conscious of my fright of needles and great with helping me out.

So no shots tonight, woohoo! Just a light dinner and head in tomorrow morning. I get to sleep in an hour longer which doesn't sound like much but is actually really nice. But since it's major anesthesia, I can't put on lotion or makeup or even drink a glass of water until my 10:30 appointment. I think I can do almost anything now to make this work.

They will knock me out with some awesome drugs. My friend Erin said you realize how good it feels for like 5 seconds and then you wake up. I'm not excited about the IV in my hand, stupid needles, but to prevent any further pain I'll do it!

The Dr. will insert a needle through my vaginal wall with a vacuum attached to the end. He'll touch each follicle and drain the egg into the test tube. They will literally mix Clint's donation in and hopefully we'll get a test tube baby! Lots of prayers that we get a ton of eggs and that I don't have much side effects to the anesthesia. We're one day closer!

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers, we are so blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Have you had to do Progresterone shots before with the IUIs? If not, let me offer this tip: Use an ice pack on the loction of the shot for about 15 minutes before Clint gets to stab you... I never did a progesterone shot without icing my hip first, and there were probably less than five (in two cycle's woth of shots)that actually hurt. Ice first then heating pad for at least 30 minutes after (heat again in the AM if you have time... it will help with the lumps that you'll start to feel at the site of hte shot).

    Relax tomorrw and let Clint baby you for a few days!

    ReplyDelete