Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, August 13, 2010

30 weeks and counting

Tuesday and today I had my non-stress tests.  It's the same monitoring of the babies and me that they did in the hospital.  The babies heart rates do accel when they move, so that's a very good sign.  It takes quite awhile to get them on the monitor though, since they're so active.  But all signs are good.

I've been checking my blood sugars three times a day, and they're well within the normal range.  I'm not excited about pricking my fingers that much, but really nothing is comfortable at this point.

I also had an ultrasound today to check the babies' fluid levels and my cervix.  They have good fluid though it will go down in the coming weeks as they grow larger.  Right now they're about 3 pounds each.  I did regain the weight I'd lost, so Mom must be feeding me well. :)

My cervix is 2.5 cm and closed, with only slight funneling which is even better than when I left the hospital.  Strict bed rest and Procardia truly helps. 

My Mom has been here this week getting the babies room all finished.  She's sorted all the clothes by size and only put the preemie and newborn items in the dresser.  It's been nice having someone fill up my water and bring me my meals! :)

So far, so good!  Who'd think we'd make it this far?

No comments:

Post a Comment