Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, August 21, 2010

A Bit Scary

First, I'm so sad my Mom has gone home.  It was nice having her here, getting everything ready and doting on me in only the way a Mom can do.  She'll be back up when the kiddos arrive, but that's another month away!

On Friday morning about 3:30 a.m. I woke up with the worst backache of my life.  No position would make it go away, nor Tylenol.  I read up and it said it could be a sign of labor so Clint and I debated on whether to go in or not.  Since I was already going to the Dr. on Friday, we decided to wait.

The first stop was Bonner General for my non-stress test.  It was nearly impossible to get all the babies' heartbeats at once.  And she couldn't get any accels on one of them.  So off to my ultrasound we went.  Diana did some scanning and we discovered why it was so hard.  Baby B had squirmed underneath Baby C, both lying transverse across my belly.  Maybe that's why I've been sticking further out?  But she assured us that all heartrates were fine and the babies were moving and shaking like normal.  When I told her that my back was killing me, she scanned my kidney and sure enough, it was surrounded with fluid.  Because the babies were squishing my internal organs, it's blocking blood flow and drainage of the kidneys causing some serious pain.  So Dr. Owen recommended laying on my left side as much as possible and keep drinking all the water.

Dr. Owen checked my cervix, which is still long and closed so to home I went.  Yesterday afternoon I stayed on my left side, and when I woke up in the night, I went back to sleep on my left.  So far, no pain so that's good.  My right ankle is still a little swollen but I doubt it will go away until the babies get here.

On Thursday we go to Sacred Heart and I'm going to beg for a C-Section schedule.  I know it's more than likely I'll go into labor before then, but I need a date to focus on to get me through this.  I'm so blessed to have lots of family and friends who send me encouraging words every day and visits as well.  Thank you, it really keeps my spirits up!

Here are some pics Mom just couldn't resist.  I'm carrynig the babies straight in front, I'm told I don't really look pregnant from the back.  But lying on my back, you can see how big the bump really is.


1 comment:

  1. You look fabulous Margi!! Honestly, you don't look like you are carrying triplets. I'm sooooo glad your pain is subsiding...good luck on Thursday! September is just around the corner Mrs. Superstar! I'm hoping to get these tubs to you next weekend :)

    ReplyDelete