The babies were all really good today. Baby A is 2 lbs 12 oz., Baby B is 2 lbs 14 oz., and Baby C is 2 lbs, 10 oz. Those are good for even singleton babies at almost 29 weeks. My cervix was still measuring over 2, even when I had a contraction so I think the Procardia is really working.
The Doc who came to talk to us was really nice and very helpful. She said most signs of pre-term labor and pre-eclempsia come when the babies are mal-nourished, meaning I'm just not eating enough. I gave her a run-down of our menus and she's impressed with what we're eating, that it's overall pretty healthy. I just need to eat six meals a day rather than 3-4. I'm also to have at least two protein shakes a day if I can. I'm running out of stomach room but I'll do anything to keep them in at this point.
She also recommended stress tests on the babies to make sure they're still handling things well, as they're starting to get pretty squished. So I'll ask Dr. Owen about doing those here in Sandpoint to avoid the drive. The national average delivery time of triplets is 32 weeks, only three weeks away. I think I'll breathe a sigh of relief there, but I truly want to make it to 36 weeks. She said after 34 weeks, they wouldn't even try to stop my labor.
So for now it's continued bed rest and eating as much as possible. Every woman's dream right? :)
Love you all!
Another Therapy Session for Maude
4 months ago


Laying around and eating as much as possible? I sort of feel like I did that last weekend, which doesn't bode well for me...
ReplyDeleteI can't believe #1) you are almost to 32 weeks and #2) you will ahve three babies in less than 7 weeks.
Well done!
Oh your so close only a few more weeks and maybe then some. This is great news. Hang in there babe I can't imagine how hard this is for you but the outcome is worth every second! Sending you lots of love.
ReplyDeleteSarah