Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Another Milestone!

Today I'm 32 weeks pregnant with triplets, wahoo!!!  On Monday I went and saw Dr. Owen where I got to listen to the baby's heartbeats and get measured.  Cracks us both up, as now I'm measuring 48 cm.  That would be 2 months overdue for a singleton!!  My blood sugar is steady though my blood pressure is slowly climbing.  No surprise there since I'm producing so much blood for me and the babies as they gain weight during these final weeks.

Yesterday I went in for my NST and was delighted to learn that Lori, the lactation consultant, was the RN doing my test.  So she chatted with me about it for awhile as I was hooked up to the monitors.  Babies are all good, having accelerated heart rates whenever they move, which seems to be a lot to me. :)

Tomorrow I go to Sacred Heart and I'm anxious to learn how big the babies are now.  Once they get over 4 lbs, I'll breathe another sigh of relief.  Lots of protein on the menu for me these days.  I'm also going to ask about tubal ligation, because yep, we're done!  And finally, I'm going to ask for a c-section date.  I realize they don't normally schedule these because almost 95% don't make it to 36 weeks.  But I think having a date out there will help keep my spirits up through the pain and sleeplessness.

Also reminds me that I need to clarify bed rest.  Everyone hears this and says, Oh good, you need to rest now because you won't sleep when the babies come home!  I can't tell you enough about how little I actually sleep.  Try strapping a 30 pound bag on your front and rolling over in the night.  I'm constantly stuffed up because of the amount of blood flow, so I can barely breathe let alone the lack of space for my lungs.  So while it's nice to mention bed rest, there's really no rest involved.  It's just that lying on my left side or staying down improves blood flow to the babies and keeps the pressure off my cervix.  I long for the day when I'm no longer pregnant.  I know we won't get much sleep, but when I get the opportunity, I might actually sleep vs. what I do now.

Oh, and you should read the Roberts Family Blog post on my list.  My dear friend Amber has been wonderful coaching me through preemies and what to expect with the NICU.  Her son was born really early but Amber did really well in the hospital and Asher has been a fighter from the beginning.  He's so cute!  I'm really thankful to have friends who are there when you need them.

P.S. - Thank you to Angie in advance for coming to my house on Saturday and touching up my color.  Yes, I'm not naturally blonde. :(  And right now I look like I belong at the demolition derby with chew in my lip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment